Specialist Landlord Solutions
We understand that being a Landlord can be stressful, so let Specialist Landlord Solutions from Ron Law take the stress away
Our unique service will make sure that you are compliant but will also give you peace of mind 365 days a year.
It is a legal requirement that all rented property have an annual Gas Safety Inspection and Certificate issued by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. Your property will also require an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
Check that the person carrying out the inspection is Gas Safe Registered to work on all the different types of gas appliances in your property – www.gassaferegister.co.uk.
During a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection or service, your Gas Safe registered engineer should be checking:
- Your appliance is burning correctly and not producing Carbon Monoxide
- Harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
- That any ventilation routes are clear and working properly
- All the safety devices are working
As a minimum the record of a gas safety check must check:
- Appliances are positioned in the right place
- Any flue or chimney serving the appliance is safe and installed correctly
- There is a good supply of combustion air (ventilation) to appliances
- To make sure appliances are on the right setting and are burning correctly
- Appliances are operating correctly and are safe to use.
What information should your certificate contain:
- A description of and the location of each appliance or flue checked.
- The name, registration number and signature of the individual carrying out the check
- The date on which the appliance or flue was checked
- The address of the property at which the appliance or flue is installed
- The name and address of the landlord (or his agent where appropriate)
- Any defect identified and any remedial action taken
- A statement confirming that the safety check completed complies with the requirements of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
There must be gas and electricity on at the premises for an inspection to take place.
We are there for you 365 days a year. Feel even more protected by taking out our Specialist Landlord Cover
For more info please contact Sandra Heap (Key Account Manager) on 0845 470 2770 or firstname.lastname@example.org