Specialist Landlord Solutions
We understand that being a Landlord can be stressful, so let Specialist Landlord Solutions from Ron Law take the stress away
Our unique service will make sure that you are compliant but will also give you peace of mind 365 days a year.
It is a legal requirement that all rented property have an annual Gas Safety Inspection and Certificate issued by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. Your property will also require an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
Check that the person carrying out the inspection is Gas Safe Registered to work on all the different types of gas appliances in your property – www.gassaferegister.co.uk.
During a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection or service, your Gas Safe registered engineer should be checking:
- Your appliance is burning correctly and not producing Carbon Monoxide
- Harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
- That any ventilation routes are clear and working properly
- All the safety devices are working
As a minimum the record of a gas safety check must check:
- Appliances are positioned in the right place
- Any flue or chimney serving the appliance is safe and installed correctly
- There is a good supply of combustion air (ventilation) to appliances
- To make sure appliances are on the right setting and are burning correctly
- Appliances are operating correctly and are safe to use.
What information should your certificate contain:
- A description of and the location of each appliance or flue checked.
- The name, registration number and signature of the individual carrying out the check
- The date on which the appliance or flue was checked
- The address of the property at which the appliance or flue is installed
- The name and address of the landlord (or his agent where appropriate)
- Any defect identified and any remedial action taken
- A statement confirming that the safety check completed complies with the requirements of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
There must be gas and electricity on at the premises for an inspection to take place.
Emergency Calls Outs
We offer an emergency call out service 365 days a year. We can dispatch an engineer to deal with any Heating and Plumbing emergencies. If required you can set predefined criteria to ensure all emergencies carried out will be to your required scope of works.
Feel even more protected by taking out our Specialist Landlord Cover
Dealing with tenants calls regarding repairs can be time consuming, contacting tradesmen and ensuring they attend within an appropriate time scale can also be costly. Tenants can contact us directly to arrange an engineer to attend when covered by our Specialist Landlord Cover.
|Gas Safety Inspection||
|Full Service (1 appliance)||✔
|Gas Boiler Cover*
|External Timer/Room Thermostat||✔
|Change of Tenancy Inspection (turn on & test)||✔
|Central Heating System Pipework**||✔
|Internal Waste Pipework||✔|
*Unlimited calls to repair your central heating boiler includes parts and labour. Boilers which are deemed by us as beyond economical repair (where the repair costs are more than 80% of the initial cost price of the boiler) will not be repaired. The plan does not include the cost of replacement boiler. A quote will be provided to replace the boiler at a discount rate.
**Central Heating & Plumbing pipework only covered if easily accessible. Does not cover the costs incurred for finding leaks underfloor or inside the fabric of the building.
***On Plans which cover taps, the taps must be easily accessible and will be repaired or replaced with a tap of equal functionality. Designer taps, boiling water taps and filtered water taps are not covered.
‡System cleansing (Power flushing) is not covered. Systems which are deemed by us to be contaminated will need to be treated accordingly and until evidence of this has been provided no further repairs will be carried out.
Out of Hours Call Handling
We can be your tenants first point of call for all out of hours emergencies. We can either dispatch an engineer to attend or contact your preferred contractor to attend. This service is ideal for periods when you are closed i.e. Evenings, Weekends, Holidays including Bank Holidays etc.
Your predefined criteria will ensure that contractors do not attend to unnecessary out of hours call. A full report will be emailed to you with information regarding any calls we receive.
For more info please contact Sandra Heap (Key Account Manager) on 0845 470 2770 or firstname.lastname@example.org