This policy applies to personal information we hold about individuals, companies and other organisations.
Welcome to our Web site at www.ronlawheating.com (the ‘Web site’). The Web site is provided by Ron Law Central Heating Services Ltd, a company registered under number 57716173 in England and Wales and whose office is located at 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, Merseyside, PR9 7SA. (‘Ron Law’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ for short) ‘You’ and ‘Your’ means you as the user of our Web site.
We believe it is important to protect your privacy, and so we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects that privacy. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your privacy, and tells you certain things we will not do.
1. Information we keep about you
- Your name, either full or in part.
- Your address and any other address you give to us with which you have an interest (for example a tenants address if you are a landlord).
- Your telephone number(s).
- Your email address.
- The make and model of your gas appliance(s).
- Details of any work we do at your property, including how much we charged you.Details of any payments you have made to us (amounts and payment type only).
2. Information we do not keep about you
- Any bank account information.
- Any credit/debit card information.
3. Using your personal information.
- Provide you with the services you have asked for (which may include loyalty and incentive schemes we may run from time to time).
- Offer you services and products from time to time that we believe may be of interest to you. To help us make these offers we may use an automated scoring system, which may also use information from credit reference agencies, as well as other companies.
- Create statistics, test computer systems, analyse customer information, create profiles and create marketing opportunities (including using information about what you buy from us and how you pay for it).
- Help prevent and detect debt, fraud and loss.
- Help train our staff.
- Remind you about important safety measures, such as boiler servicing and landlord safety checks.
4. Sources of Information
- When we contact you, we may use any information we hold about you to do so. So we may contact you by email, phone, text message or other forms of electronic communications or by visiting you.
- If we are contacting you to tell you about any offers, as far as possible, do so in line with how you have told us you would prefer to receive marketing information (your recorded marketing preferences). You can ask us not to send you any information on our offers at any time by contacting us and giving us your account details.
5. Disclosing Information
- To provide services you have asked for, which may include providing information to members of your family or household, anyone acting on your behalf or other people who may be interested (such as landlords or letting agents).
- As part of the process of selling our business.
- To help to prevent and detect debt, fraud, or loss (for example by giving this information to a credit reference agency) which is described in more detail below.
- If you do not pay your debt, we may transfer your debt to another organisation and give them details about you and that debt.
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes.
- As part of current or future legal action.
- To help manage any loyalty or rewards schemes.
- Check details on applications you make for credit and credit-related services.
- Check your identity.
- Prevent and detect fraud.
- Check details of employees and people applying for jobs with us.
6. Protecting information
- We have strict security measures to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures (for example, checking your identity when you phone us) and encrypting (encoding) data on our computers.
- We operate a ‘clean desk’ policy which means that none of your personal information is left lying around.Paper information, or information held on CD/DVD which is no longer required is always shredded using a cross-cut, high security shredder.
- Electronic information which is no longer required is securely wiped using an industry standard high security algorithm.
7. The Internet
- If you communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally e-mail you about our services and products. When you first give us personal information through our website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by e-mail. However, you can always send us an e-mail (at the address set out below) at any time if you change your mind.
- Please remember that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and webmail’s (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered – this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- We may use ‘cookies’ to monitor how people use our site. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use our website so we can develop and improve the design, layout and function of the sites. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive which records how you have used a website. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit. You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies.
- You can find information on disabling cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
9. Refunds and cancellations
- You may cancel your order at any time and for any reason within 7 working days of delivery of the Products ordered. (‘working’ days do not include Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays). Orders for certain Products may not be cancelled – these include: (a) Products where an engineer has had to visit You; and (b) Heating Protection Plan (HPP) where you have made a claim within your current cover period. If you wish to cancel your order you must notify us of your wish to cancel in writing and you must return the Product(s) to us (at your expense) in their original wrapping, intact and accompanied by all accessories and documentation that were part of the delivery. We will refund any monies paid to us in respect of a cancelled order within 30 days of receiving your notice of cancellation. You may request a refund by contacting us by email.
10. Terms & Conditions
- Like all businesses, we have certain rules and procedures which are referred to as our Terms & Conditions (Terms)
- You may see these Terms by clicking the Terms & Conditions link at the bottom of any web page.
- To read these Terms you must have Adobe Acrobat (or similar) installed which will allow you to view PDF files.
- There is also a link on our website next to our Terms that takes you to Adobe website where you will be able to download Adobe Acrobat free of charge.
- You may also contact us by telephone, email or post at the address below and request a copy of our Terms are sent out to you.
- By booking an appointment, either through this website, or through any form of communication, you agree to abide by our Terms & Conditions.
11. Further Information
- We may amend this policy from time to time, in which case we will publish the amended version on our website, and you can ask us for a copy by writing to the above address or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ron Law Central Heating Services Ltd 2012